Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tommy turned 30!!! July 20th

Tommy was really struggling with turning 30 (As I did)!!! I asked him what he wanted to do for his 30th birthday - did he want a party, to go to BlackHawk, go to Vegas? He said "I want to go camping." I was surprised, because remember this is the middle of July, it is HOT outside, and Colorado just had a whole lot of wildfires so all open fires were banned. So how do you reason with all those things. Therefore, we went "camping" my style. We went to the mountains and stayed at a hotel close to Lake Dillon. We were literally a few blocks from the lake, we had a nice pool, showers, comfortable beds, and we were close enough to the mountains to go hiking. I thought it was perfect. We invited all of the Probasco's to go with, so there were 12 of us total.

July 20th was his actual birthday, which landed on a Friday so it was perfect.


I made shirts for the 4 of us to wear for the whole day. The kids shirts both said "My Daddy is....30" and then Tommy and I each had a shirt with the number "30" on the pockets of our shirts. It was cute and surprisingly Tommy didn't complain at all about it. On our way to the mountains we stopped at a Jumping Place off of Wadsworth and I-70. It was a lot of fun and a great way to tire everyone out for the drive to the mountains.



We went to dinner at the Dam Brewery in Silverthorne. It was pretty tasty and they treated us pretty good. (I didn't get a photo of the four of us which is disappointing but oh well.)



Merlin, Tommy and Janet

The whole group!!

He did share!!!

 On Saturday, July 21st, we did what the birthday boy wanted to do! And that was to go fishing at Lake Dillon. The kids got really into it and so did the big boys. Janet, Barbie, Evelyn, and I just hung out.

Getting the gear ready!!!

Josiah got a new Spiderman fishing pole!


Jeremiah kept catching and releasing!!
The big boys were getting jealous.

Love my girl!!

Evie thought she would give it a try!



He found a dead fish - that's gross I know!!!

The gang doing their thing.

No comments: