Thursday, September 9, 2010

Baby Evelyn's Baby Shower

Well here I go - one of my first posts for you. Finally something exciting happened - giving me an opportunity to post. My best friend, Amanda, threw me an awesome baby shower for Evelyn Elizabeth on September 4th. The theme was perfect - "A baby is a blessing". 
(My mom got the cake from Sam's Club - it was amazing!! Do you think my piece is big enough?)
We were truly blessed with lots of friends and family able to come, even though it was a holiday weekend. (Sorry to the ones that missed, since I didn't even realize it was a holiday weekend until way after the fact...must be pregnancy brain.) Tommy's cousin, Christina, and my good friend, Kristi, both made diaper cakes which turned out amazing.
Amanda knows me so well and knows that I love Chocolate - the favors were "Hugs and Kisses from Evelyn"
We were blessed with a lot of cute baby girl clothes and necessities for Evelyn. She has plenty of diapers now and lots of pink. I never thought I would love all the pink - but after having a boy, the pink is very refreshing!! We are decorating her room in lady bugs, and now have everything we need for that. I will post pictures of her room soon. We also got a new Stand-n-Sit stroller from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law that we will put to great use.

There were three pregnant ladies at the shower. My friend Amanda is also expecting a little girl, due in January. And my good friend Kristin Bacheldor is expecting twin boys in December or January. My sister who was unable to attend is expecting identical twin boys in October or November.
Amanda was amazing and threw a great shower for me. She is an awesome friend and I can't thank her enough for all that she does for me. Love you lady!!!

No comments: